I really enjoyed this recipe. It is easy, delicious and perfect for a summer appetizer or a main dish with a salad and other sides. I especially love clams, they remind me of summers on the East Coast. We are landlocked in Austin but Central Market has had really good clams all summer.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs of littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Lemon wedges
Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and scallion and saute for a few minutes, remove from heat and add parsley, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Set aside.
Put clams on the grill in a grill pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes and take them off as they open, use tongs and try to keep the juice in. Discard any clams that don’t open. Pour the butter over them and serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.